Wine coolers are also termed as wine refrigerators. They are designed in such a way that they keep your wine safe for a long time and elevate its taste. Just like different varieties of wines, there are also different types of wine refrigerators. Here are some factors that you need to consider before buying a wine refrigerator:
Freestanding or Built-in Wine Refrigerators
Freestanding refrigerators can be placed anywhere, but not in an enclosed space because they vent from the back. So if you place them in an enclosed space, they will heat up quickly. For heat dissipation, you need to leave 2 to 4 inches space on each side.
Built-in wine refrigerators are placed under the counter. They feature ventilation in the front so you can also place them in an enclosed space.
Single or Dual-zone Refrigerators
In the case of a single zone wine refrigerator, there is only one thermostat and one temperature zone. Dual zone wine refrigerators, however, have two different temperature zones. These zones are controlled by a separate set of controls.
If you want to store two different wines with different temperature requirements, like red and white wine, consider purchasing a dual-zone wine refrigerator.
Benefits of wine refrigerators
Wine refrigerators have become very popular recently because they have a lot of benefits and alternative uses:
- Wine refrigerators create the perfect environment for the storage of different types of wines. These refrigerators provide a consistent temperature to keep your wine safe.
- Wine refrigerators are specially designed for storing wines and are less expensive compared to wine cellars.
- These refrigerators can age and store wine. These refrigerators will keep your wine in excellent condition and also maintain the flavor.
- Exposure to natural light can destroy the flavor of your wine, but wine refrigerators have solid doors or glass doors with a built-in light protection system. This system will protect your wine from the damaging effects of light.
- One of the best things about wine refrigerators is that they are low maintenance so you do not have to put in much effort.
Disadvantages of wine refrigerators
Although wine refrigerators come up with a lot of benefits, they also have some disadvantages:
- Wine refrigerators can be used as wine storage options, but not for an extended period of time.
- Wine refrigerators cannot control humidity; they typically have a humidity level of 30%.
- The environment inside a wine refrigerator can be dry. This may lead to the shrinking of cork, which may cause air to enter into the bottle; the oxidation of wine will ruin the flavor.
There is a huge variety of wine refrigerators available in the market. It is important to pick the right refrigerator according to your personal needs. Keep these advantages and disadvantages when making your purchase. If you have any questions when making your decision, please give us a call and speak to one of our experts. Or visit our product pages for more information.
Website link: www.winecoolerdeals.com/collections/wine-coolers